Anxiety Panic and Phobias
Anxiety (General Anxiety) & Panic Attacks
The single most common problem I help people with is anxiety or panic attacks. A huge number of people suffer with anxiety and Social Anxiety or Social Phobia is THE most common. There are a cluster of anxiety disorders which I explain further down this page along with anxiety symptoms and anxiety treatment.
The great thing to note is that hypnotherapy is incredibly successful and really fast in treating all these anxiety disorders and anxiety attacks, allowing you to live your life free from fear and anxiety symptoms.
anxiety and depression
Left untreated anxiety can lead to depression, insomnia, and other physical, emotional and psychological conditions which further impinge on life effecting every aspect of your life ie relationships, work, sex life, social life, parenting responsibilities and schooling, even developing commitment phobia.
This in turn can lead to ‘self-medication’ by turning to ways to make you feel better, for instance, reaching for food or alcohol.
Grouping together Anxiety Disorders
Anxiety disorders are very common and affect a large part of the population. They can start at any time from childhood, adolescence, or adulthood and fall into five main groups.
- Panic attacks & Panic Disorder
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Fears & Phobias (which includes social phobia or social anxiety disorder)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) (See also anxiety depression)
You may be suffering from one or more of these and people can suffer panic with any of the anxiety disorders and anxiety disorder symptoms. There are no rules for the pattern of these linked conditions.
All of these disorders are fed by fear. By using hypnotherapy we can quickly break the cycle of fear and get to the root cause of your anxieties in order dealing to with them.
Symptoms of Anxiety can be crippling and can be accompanied by panic attacks. They can include any of these:
- Increased heart rate, sometimes racing or palpitations
- Shaking visibly or shaking inside
- Choking sensations
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Nausea or abdominal discomfort or diarrhoea
- Feeling light-headed or about to faint
- Feeling detached or unreal
- Fear of going crazy/losing control
- Feelings of impending doom
- Numbness or tingling sensations
- Chills or hot flushes
- Feelings of tightness/pain in the head
- Neck and shoulder pain or numbness in the face and head
- Waking in a panic
Panic and Anxiety Attacks
If you experience at least four of the panic attack symptoms listed means that you are most probably having a panic attack, less than four and it is more likely to be generalised anxiety. Panic attacks can happen with any of the anxiety-related disorders.
These physical panic attacks symptoms are really unpleasant but it is important to realise that no-one has ever died of these symptoms – they are just feelings.
Treatment for Anxiety
There is a very special form of hypnotherapy called Pure Hypnoanalysis which has helped many thousands of people over the years with anxiety. The aim of Pure Hypnoanalysis is not symptom control or trying to manage the problem, the aim is to resolve it.